Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Bat For Lashes: Laura

The long awaited return of Bat For Lashes. 'The Haunted Man' is out on 15 October.

Bat For Lashes are known for their subject titled tracks and 'Laura' is a subject of beautiful tragedy. It all sounds desperate and melancholy, dancing along to a lonely song, more than superficial stardom for Khan's current muse.




There's something very David Lynch about it all. Who is Laura? Drape your arms around me and wonder, 'you're the train that crashed my heart'. 

Also interesting read over at Spin about the apparent band hangout Twin Peaks Roadhouse.

Mysterious is in and always will be. I don't like the artwork for this release, not sure why but I will let you know when I've had more time to think about it. The song is fabulousness though; dance upon the indie folk lore-ish tables again.

http://www.batforlashes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment